Dan Grading Structure
Information for black belts on the purchase of silk belts from Kamae International.
TASK Dan grade order and black belt embroidery colours
Should any Dan grades in TASK wish to purchase a silk black belt, please contact Kamae International. The total cost is £100. Contact details are available by messaging on the contact page.
- When ordering, the belt should be 3 or 4 inches longer than the standard cotton belts as when they are tied the belt becomes shorter
- Choose the correct embroidery colour for your grade (listed below)
- The right hand belt end is inscribed with Traditional Association of Shotokan Karate in ‘Kanji’
- The left hand belt end has your name in ‘Katakana’ with the TASK motif underneath
- Kamae have stocks of the TASK motifs.
All students should address black belts directly by their correct title only. In conversation for example, Dan grades should talk of Shihan Taylor or Kyoshi Cross. The Chief Instructor should always be addressed as ‘Hanshi’, nothing more.